An SCG patron was arrested by NSW Police during Saturday’s Wallabies Test after he allegedly urinated from the venue’s roof.

An SCG patron was arrested by NSW Police during Saturday evening’s Wallabies Test match after he allegedly urinated from the roof of the O’Reilly Stand.

Australia suffered an agonising 21-17 defeat in front of a sellout crowd of 43,274 fans, with England claiming the newly-minted Ella-Mobbs Cup with a 2-1 series victory.

Eddie Jones’ men put together a defensive masterclass in the second half, with the Wallabies plagued by handling errors and ill-discipline in the ruck.

Stream Over 50 Sports Live & On-Demand with Kayo. New to Kayo? Try 14-Days Free Now >

During the second half, a patron allegedly climbed the iconic SCG big screen and jumped across to the roof of the O’Reilly Stand.

Footage later emerged of the man appearing to urinate off the edge of the roof, with the video inevitably circulating social media channels.

NSW Police confirmed to that a 31-year-old man was arrested and taken to Surry Hills Police Station following the incident.

“About 9.20pm last night (Saturday 16 July 2022), a man was at a sporting stadium at Moore Park when he allegedly climbed onto the top of a scoreboard within the stadium, and onto the roof of a spectator’s stand,” the statement read.

“Officers attached to Surry Hills Police Area Command and the Police Rescue attended and safely removed the man a short time later, before he was arrested.

“The 31-year-old man was taken to Surry Hills Police Station where he was charged with behave in offensive manner in/near public place and climb on buildings on scheduled lands without approval.”

The man was granted conditional bail and will appear at Downing Centre Local Court on Monday, 25 July.

An SCG Trust spokesperson confirmed to that the man would receive a two-year ban from the venue.

Meanwhile, another SCG spectator copped a furious response from England coach Eddie Jones after taunting the former Wallabies mentor: “You’re a traitor”.

Jones immediately reacted: “What did you say? What did you say? Come here and say it. Come here and say it. Come here and say it.”

A security member, who was forced to interject, told the man: “I’ve spoken to you before, walk away.”

According to a report from the Sydney Morning Herald, the patron is understood to have apologised to Jones via email.

Rugby Australia chairman Hamish McLennan said: “That fan’s behaviour is totally unacceptable and is not welcome at a Wallabies Test if he carries on like that. We should be acknowledging Eddie’s achievements as a great Aussie export. There’s too much tally poppy syndrome in that comment.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *